Elect Bob Masaro
Councillor - Osgoode Ward 20
Robert P. Masaro, B.A.(Hons.), B.Ed.
For Fiscal Accountability
Election Date: October 24, 2022
Election Platform – Major Issues in 2022:
• LRT – Most of the transit (and financial) problems in the City are connected to the ill-conceived LRT project.
• In 2010 and 2014 when I ran for Councillor, I previously expressed my many concerns regarding the LRT project.
• OC Transpo bus routes need to be re-opened, schedules reworked, drivers hired and much more reliable service provided.
* I will reject any further phases of the LRT project if elected!!
• Will provide a Rural Transit Shuttle Bus Service to OC Transpo “nodes” at Leitrum road, Riverside South and Fallowfield. This can be done at a reasonable cost!
Rural Transit: Shuttle Bus Service
For many years, Osgoode Ward only had a couple of “independent” contractors busing a few residents in the morning and returning in the evening. These tended to not only be inconvenient and uncomfortable but also, had very expensive costs.
What I first “proposed” during the 2010 election, and would suggest again, is that we have Shuttle Busing for Osgoode Ward residents (buses about the size of a para-transpo bus). These buses would “shuttle” people to the larger OC Transpo “nodes” at Leitrum Road, Riverside South and Manotick/ Barrhaven.
These shuttle buses would be networked to pick people up at convenient locations (central points such as the community centers) and at appropriate times the citizens require. Obviously, surveys and much citizen input will be undertaken for this information.
I would suggest that due to the size of the shuttle buses that this could be done at far more reasonable and equitable costs than anything that has been ever proposed before!